We are currently looking for a dedicated and qualified Carpenter/Shopfitter for the day-to-day building of jobs onsite to ensure smooth delivery.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
• Must hold a relevant Trade certificate (Carpentry Qualification, Shop fitting, Cabinet making/joinery) and white construction card
• Construction experience is a must, shop fitting experience ideal
• Ability to work off plans/understand construction plans
• Confident in using tools/ air tools/ power tools and operating machinery
• Extensive experience in measuring, cutting, installing and bracing:
- frames, bulkheads and lining, door jams, hang doors and fixtures, ceiling grids that includes main bar, furring channels, ceiling rod support structures and ceiling panels
- ceiling plaster sheets, cement sheets and plywood boards
- floor boards and lining, and skirting
• Assist in set out, and as required, demolition.
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
The successful applicant:
• Must be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team
• The highest attention to detail
• Take full pride in your work
• Have proven reliability and attendance
• Must have own reliable transport and tools
• Must be trustworthy and punctual
• Work to meet deadlines without compromising on quality
This role will see the successful applicant commence on a full-time casual basis, progressing to full-time after completion of a successful 3 month probationary period.
As a valued Team member, you will be offered an attractive package, involving weekly pay, with the role attracting a salary range of $80K to $100K + Super + Overtime. Remuneration however is commensurate with experience.
If your career aspirations are to continue to grow, there is the potential for a project & site management position.
If you believe the above sounds like you and if you are looking to be a part of a unique, quality, customer focused, forward thinking business and be recognised as part of a team, please submit your CV and cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that while all applicants will be treated as strictly confidential, only successful applicants will be contacted.